QUICKSTART University Commercialization
QUICKSTART your Commercialization Evaluation of Invention Disclosures
Paste the Invention Text Description into this box:
Help your TTO Staff Quickly Identify Higher Quality Invention Disclosures – Use these basic steps to QUICKSTART their Commercialization Analysis of an Invention Description:
- INVENTORS: File an Invention Disclosure filed with your Tech Transfer Office.
- DISCLOSURE: Paste the Invention Description text into this QUICKSTART to start your Commercialization process.
- KEY SENTENCES: Click the Key Sentences tab to automatically display sentences Scored with the extracted Keyword Confidence Values.
- THRESHOLD: Determine a Score Threshold that removes what you beleive are low-value sentences and then click the SAVE button.
- CLICK SEARCH TAB: Check “Select All Keywords” checkbox at the Top of Full Keywords display column.
- GENERATE SNAPSHOT REPORT: Click the Snapshot button to create a PDF Snapshot.
- SNAPSHOT SEARCH: Search by clicking the Active Database Search Links in PDF.
- GO or RETURN: Decide to continue your Disclosure evaluation or return this Snapshot Report to the Investors
- FILE PROVISIONAL: File a Provisional Patent Application or review no-go with inventors.
- START LICENSEE EVALUATION: See: WWW.SEARCHREALFAST.COM/university/tto/quickstart-commercailization
DON’T WANT YOUR UNIVERSITY INVENTORS DOING THEIR OWN PATENT SEARCHES – Then just send them our PDF Snapshot Report targeted on just Keywords from their Invention Description and ask the Inventors to clarify their descriptions:
When a university researcher sends you a brief “idea description” or a Disclosure, just Paste that Description text into this QUICKSTART and click the Search tab and the keywords extracted from their “description” display on the right side. Click “GENERATE SNAPSHOT REPORT” button and give it a title and select the Databases you wan the inventors to use. Then sent this PDF Snapshot back to the inventors with instructions to click a Database Search Active web-link and investigate the search results. Then revise their descriptions to focus on the novelty of their unique invention.
WPI students are doing such a good job searching using Search Real Fast; I don’t have to do any preliminary prior-art searching myself for student disclosures!”- Todd Keiller, Director of Office of Technology Commercialization at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
The following video offers you, the TTO Director, a good overview of how Search Real Fast will help you:
The unique value of Search Real Fast can be significant in terms of saving time, money, and fostering a better relationship between your researcher and your Technology Transfer Office.
Search Real Fast automatically extracts keywords from an Invention description text and automatically scores the sentences in that text using the sum of the Keyword Conficenetce Value in each sentence. Quickly generate a PDF Snapshot Report of this description to give to the inventors. Each stand-alone SRF PDF Snapshot report contains a full query Active PDF web-links, including their Description’s keywords for each Patent Database YOU SELECT to include in their Snapshot Report.
Click here for pricing »