Economical Discovery-like Search for Library Automation
SRF QUICKSTART is a Low-Maintenance, Easy to Use, and Inexpensive “Discovery -like” Search Layer embedded in your Catalog or Library Automation Service
TYPE or PASTE text up to 5000 words into this text box and type or click ENTER:
Each drop-down menu Subject includes Search Site Databases in a Field-of-Study or group such as Texas Library subscription demo sites that require a library card number plus our Public Library, Business News, and US Government demo database collections seen on our main website: www.searchrealfast.com
All users see the latest current results for each Database Search!
- Search Real Fast builds and maintains ALL custom Search Site Database connector URLs for hundreds of Public, US and State Government search databases as well as each of your Libraries’ specific subscription and catalog search sites – Neither you nor your customers have to deal with creation or maintenance of these URL connectors.
- Search Real Fast creates and maintains a separate subscription record for each of your library customers under your Group subscription.
- Each subscription record holds the list of Search Site Databases we maintain and your user sees in their SRF Express application screen.
- Each database search URL is constructed and sent from each user’s browser directly to that particular database.
- The search results from each database are returned directly to that user’s browser, speeding delivery while eliminating discovery webserver setup and indexing!
- Each Library’s SRF QUICKSTART application screen lists five to 20 Search Site Databases users may query in parallel or individually.
- Even after a database search button is used for a search, when the user returns to the Key sentences tab, the same text remains for another database button selection and search.
Pete Fenner, President
Search Real Fast