New SRF Express Virtual Tabs Search is a Major Value for your Library
SRF Express Virtual Tab is a browser-based, discovery-like parallel search Software-as-a-Service embedded in your website.
SRF Express offers your library and patrons some unique benefits:
Attract new patrons to your library and increase your online presence:
- Your library has lots of resources hidden in your subscription databases that could help local STEM students, businesses, researchers and other patrons.
- Show some subscription results to them – Keep them interested in looking further into your library’s website.
- SRF Express gives each user a SINGLE search screen to enter keywords.
- With a SINGLE click your user may simultaneously search multiple databases; including your library’s catalog.
Many subscription databases including WorldCat, OverDrive and Learning Express have free search websites that show potential patrons what your library may offer:
- Give potential and existing patrons some idea what your subscription databases might offer them when your Catalog search yields NO RESULTS!
- SRF Express is a single search box that you or your Library Automation vendor install on your website.
- Potential patrons are able to simultaneously search both your catalog and the free versions of WorldCat, OverDrive, and Learning Express and other free sites you choose using SRF Express.
- Focus existing STEM and business users on what they seek with the SRF Express self-directed search environment.
- SRF Express service automatically searches all targeted databases with the same keywords each user enters.
- Snapshot Reports allows users to print PDF status reports to document all the search keywords and databases.
- Clicking the URL links in a Snapshot Report will show the current database results using those search keywords.
- Patrons, Students and Researchers use their Snapshot Reports to formally document their search activity.
- SRF Enterprise Search provides File Uploads, Keyword Extraction, and History Logging for Registers users who each have their own unique username and password.
Give users organized access to hundreds of free, public database websites – including many critical government websites:
- SRF offers URL connectors to over 300 public databases organized into over 50 Fields of Study.
- Our SRF website shows the current Public search site URL connectors we have organized by Fields of Study.
- These databases include URL connectors to over 100 US Government websites.
- The US Government publishes thousands of new documents every month with information critical to businesses, law, science, and technology.
Minimize search clicks – Provide a single search box to simultaneously search multiple databases using the same keywords:
- Most libraries show each subscription database as a separate icon or web-link divided into database categories, forcing a user to click a category to just see the available databases.
- That user must click on each database, one at a time, and enter their keywords to search that database.
- It may take a user 4-5 clicks to search just one database!
- Public libraries tell us that 75% of their users get so frustrated by the depth of clicks to search subscription content they give up before completing one search.
- Increase utilization of the investment your library makes in subscription database content.
- Give users a SINGLE search screen to enter keywords and with a SINGLE click simultaneous search multiple databases; including your library’s catalog.
- Giver your users and viewers of you website SRF Express Search!
Help your users and local residents see the scope of information available in your library!
For a personal response, email Jim Hummel email@example.com or call 469-215-5485