QUICKSTART your Commercialization Process!
Help your TTO Staff Quickly Identify Promising Invention Disclosures!
Paste the Invention Text Description into this box:
Paste the Invention Description text into the SRF QUICKSTART above and click the SAVE or Search button. These Actions automatically extract Keywords from the text entered and scores the sentences in that text using the sum of the Keyword Conficenetce Value in each sentence.
DON’T WANT YOUR UNIVERSITY INVENTORS DOING THEIR OWN PATENT SEARCHES – Then just send them a custom SRF Snapshot Report with only the Database and Keywords you select for their custom Snapshot Report!
When your inventor sends you an updated Description, recall the Snapshot screen to update your search:
- When a university researcher sends you a brief “idea description” or an “Invention Disclosure,” just paste that description text into the QUICKSTART above.
- A KEY SENTENCES screen automatically displays your INPUT TEXT with sentences Scored using the Extracted Keyword Confidence Values.
- Execute Step 4. and then Step 5. Key Sentences operations described below as shown in the video example to the right on this webpage:
- Next, click the Search tab to extract and display the keywords from their Condensed “description” and select just the keywords you want that INVENTOR using for their searches.
- Narrow the search results to just the relevant CPC Classes, by using LENS.org Search and Analysis screens to refine your Searches.
- Next, click “Generate Snapshot Report” and enable NO embedded Database web-links for this INVENTOR. Just paste the LENS.org final screen web-link in the NOTES text box of this Snapshot Report. An example is shown in the video on the right:
- You may use the Snapshot tab to restore your QUICKSTART screen state at the time this Snapshot Report was created. You may change the Search and Analysis and produce a revised Snapshot for a Project Title without added charges.
Using these steps with Free Patent Databases, you can quickly get an idea of the market for an invention, identify potential licensees, and if the idea is novel and unique enough to file a Patent Application:
14 Steps to perform a “QUICKSTART Commercialization Analysis” from an Invention Description as shown in the
- INVENTORS – They file an Invention Disclosure with your Tech Transfer Office.
- DISCLOSURE DESCRIPTION – Paste the Invention Description text into this SRF QUICKSTART text box.
- KEY SENTENCES – This screen automatically displays your INPUT TEXT with sentences Scored using the Extracted Keyword Confidence Values.
- CONDENSE TEXT – Scan low scoring sentences in the left-side sentence list and use your judgment to select a Sentence Score Threshold that removes the lowest-value sentences. This process helps focus the extracted keywords on the topic of the input text.
- EXTRACT REVISED KEYWORDS – Click SAVE at the bottom of the right-side Text display to refine the Keyword extracted from this condensed text.
- DISPLAY KEYWORDS and DATABASES – Click the Search tab to display your extracted Keywords.
- In the KEYWORD list, Use the “All Keywords” checkbox to include all these Keywords in your Searches and Snapshot Report.
- INITIAL SEARCHES – Click the SEARCH button for each database you want to be searched. We recommend LENS.or and Google Patents.
- If you get many hundreds or thousands of results with 20-keyword selected, then:
- This description may not use enough idea-focused, technology-related keywords together in the same sentences.
- Send this Project Snapshot Report and Disclosure back to the inventors to refocus their invention description text.
- GENERATE a SNAPSHOT REPORT: Use the GENERATE SNAPSHOT REPORT button to create a PDF Snapshot Report. ALL the SEARCH and Keyword/Key Sentence up to this point is FREE. SRF only charges for Snapshot Reports at $8/Project. You may recall and refine a description and keywords for each Project Snapshot Title for this one fee.
- A Snapshot Report pop-up appears where you may EDIT your Project Name, Enter a Snapshot Title, and Selected the Search Database web-links you want to be included for this Snapshot – Only for your selected Databases’ will full URL query links using your selected Keywords be included in this SNAPSHOT REPORT.
- SEARCH using SNAPSHOT REPORT: CLICK on an Active Database Search Web-Links in this SNAPSHOT PDF to be sure the DATABASE’s Search Results are what you expect the researcher to see.
- RETURN or GO FORWARD: Evaluate Search Results and either continue your evaluation OR sent this PDF Snapshot and Disclosure back to the inventors with instructions to click a Database Search weblink and investigate those search results. Then revise their descriptions to focus on the novelty of their unique invention ideas.
- FILE PROVISIONAL: Decide to File a Provisional Patent Application on this novel and unique idea.
“WPI students are doing such a good job searching using Search Real Fast; I don’t have to do any preliminary prior-art searching myself for student disclosures!”- Todd Keiller, Director of Office of Technology Commercialization at Worcester Polytechnic Institute -2015.